Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"That's a Little Bit of Heaven Right There"






That's one of my favorite things that Amanda says about really good moments in life, whether it's a perfect piece in a great day, something really delicious to eat, or holding someone you love, or finding the perfect pair of shoes. Well, our trip to Yellowstone was like that. Even if it did take me two days of spit-baths to decide I would fork over 3.25 for a shower, and after a while buffalo in the road are not that charming, it was, overall, a truly amazing couple of days. Here's just a few, because it's simply not right to make people sit through the whooooole camera card full of Yellowstone pictures. I just like that one by the entrance because "It took am Act of Congress" is another one my favorite sayings. Three Billy Goats Gruff were immediately inside the North Gate and were an indicator of the wildlife we'd see. "We Two" was at the top of a hike where orange water ran out of the hill side. "On the Bridge" was in the middle of a hike to another set of falls I'm trying to watercolor. The waterfall was at the bottom of a long hike, totally worth it! We hiked all over that place and deserve both walking stick medallions we found! If you like these---I got more. :)
It looks as though a couple are going to be sideways, don't know what to tell you about that--they were right side up in i-Photo, and on my desktop. Chalk it up to the personality of computers and the mood they are in when you ask them to do something. Kind of ruins the impact, but whaddayagonnado?

5 comments:

Amanda Lee said...

First of all I can't believe you were up at 4 AM, but I'm glad you posted these pictures. I'm so happy you had such a great experience. I can't wait to follow in you footsteps someday!

Debbie said...

The picture of the waterfall is amazing! Thanks for sharing a few of your pics. I've never been to Yellowstone, but want to go someday - hope these sights are still there when we finally go.

Also, I'd love to use one of the pics of the two of you for the book I'm making for Callie - hope you don't mind.

mamaseversike said...

Debbie, feel free! Just pick a good one! :)

McPherson family said...

What beautiful pictures! You have fun things on your blog. So I need the homemade blackberry syrup recipe you told me about.

grammaDawn said...

Looks like fun times. Summer is about over and we have yet to take a vacation. The reunion was about it. Course, we've had people here for their vacations all summer.... what's up with that?