Saturday, August 22, 2009

Better Days...Better Nights






Tomorrow we have the unpleasant task of moving out a renter who is basically a squatter. Danny and I have a tendency to think the best of people, and seem to have a knack for being gullible. President Hinckley used to say that "there is much of kindness in the world, there is much of goodness." Perhaps because we look for those qualities and choose to see the world as basically good, we find ourselves "taken in" now and again.(In my head I see David with his finger pulling at the side of his mouth, as in "hook, line, and sinker") We believed them, we got snookered. So tomorrow we'll start spending our days moving their furniture out, cleaning up their mess, and painting the walls away from hideous and back to normal.
Hence, no sleep for this girl tonight.
I thought I would console myself my counting my blessings instead of sheep. It's worked a lot of times. So the objective of this post is to share happier days, and remember that this is just the short-term, and everything of eternal significance is wonderful.
For this post I chose a couple more blessings and good memories from Yellowstone: Hikes in the Sunshine, Bridges, Earning my Walking Stick Medallion, Blueberry Pancake Breakfasts, and Amazing Thermal Gardens.

1 comment:

Amanda Lee said...

I'm sorry about those darn renters. I wish people could just get their act together and be decent for a change. I hope everything turns our okay!

My verification word:ismsesse