Saturday, August 22, 2009

If at First You Don't Succeed---You are like most people






This day didn't go nearly as well as I hoped. We moved our reticent renters out, with a whole long story of their lying, and put their larger belongings on the lawn and the rest of the house in the garage.
When we finished we showered and went to get milk. When we came home the cops were outside the rental, the woman actually had the nerve to call the cops. Shortest story possible: the creeps have all the rights. So I am bummed, she and her felon boyfriend are still there, with a promise to move "in a week... or ten days..." We'll start proper eviction procedures, which can take up to 3 months. Did I mention I'm really, really, bummed? Soooooooo--if this is some kind of test I'm going to pass it. Cause I'm really good at tests. You don't get a GPA like mine (graduating CummaGoomaLoudly as dad says) without being a really good test taker. Instead of any more garbage I'm going to share some more of my beautiful summer memories and just mellow out. So here's to new antiques (the youth chair)(hey, is that an oxymoron? new antiques?) Cousins are cool, aunties and porch swings go good together, friends are wonderful things, and birthdays are fun days.

6 comments:

Candy Jane said...

Vicki, I can't tell you just how much I miss your wry wit, wisdom and laughter! Maybe it was the music, but I was in tears reading your past three posts...adorable grandpunks, wonderful family and memories. Thanks for sharing, my dear friend!

Amanda Lee said...

UUGGHHH! I can't believe those guys!! After everything you've done for them. Makes me want to spit! Let me know if you want me to jump 'em for you! I'd do it.....

Zach said...

Mom, I know exactly how you feel! When Jani's sister and brother-in-law came to take her stuff out of my trailer, I had no rights to stop them because Jani's name was on the lease and they were her guests.
Ironically, they invited US to go camping with them in their camper this past weekend, and NOT HER!! We are actually pretty good friends with them now. Justin invited me to join a business venture with them, which will likely be very, very profitable

Debbie said...

I'm sorry you're struggling so much with your renters - you've done all you can do and still they want more.
I love the pics, especially the one of Emily and the grandkids. And the one of Lucas and his gift is priceless - really captured his inner personality.

Jennis said...

Well glad I dont' have to come visit you in jail. I love dad's sayings, and I am happy you are embracing the lovelyness of this summer. we have had some good and wild adventures. I love you. :)
hooray for good test taking skills.YES!!!!

grammaDawn said...

And that's why they call it the "Criminal Justice System" and not the "Victim Justice System". At least you had some great pictures to share, that always makes people smile.
It was so fun to see you and your family at the reunion. What amazing kids you have!