Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hello Out There?

      I know it's been a really, really, long time. But I'm back. I have no real excuse for the long lapse, except that there were places and spaces in my life that got very difficult for awhile; perhaps, say,  about a school year. After that period I suppose I needed some time to heal up. It wouldn't be productive to look too deeply into the pit, lest one fall in. I don't even want to go close to the edge. I am out of the mire, and the summer sunshine has let warmth and light back into even the darkest recesses. It feels good to feel good!
     I am going to admit that Pinterest helped me through this adversity. Really! It was so relaxing to look at beautiful pictures, inspiring to read uplifting truths, heart-warming to see pretty babies, cute kids and baby animals. I felt my creative juices begin to simmer as I saw what others did with scraps of fabric, beads, and paint. I gazed upon beautiful flowers, saw the hope as brides collected wedding ideas, and felt a kinship with people who like the same things I do. It is a reminder of how much good there still is in this world, and how many people are adding to it. Pinterest helped me connect to my cousins, who both pin what inspires them, and I see how alike we are! How fun is that!?

     I am thankful for wonderful friends who listened to my rantings and wiped away my tears as I sorted things out. For my family members who listened and cared, for my adorable husband who didn't understand 50% of what I was talking about, but cared 100% if it mattered to me. I hope I didn't wear any of you out, and I promise things will be better this year.
    I did it. I am tough.  And to know that is worth a little something.

4 comments:

rumblebug said...

Glad to see you back in the blogosphere. I do feel a little bit bad that I just didn't have any idea how rough your year was. I feel like we didn't see you and Dad as much this time around. I'm looking forward to more of your posts because they make me feel more connected to you. And I love how your pictures always coordinate to the things you post - very awesome. Love you so much.

Melinda C said...

I know you are very strong - and I am SO glad you made it through the mire! Love you much!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a rough year. I think you're awesome. So there, world!

Jennis said...

I feel like Jenna, I know there were some hurdles that made us go "wow!" but I guess I feel like I don't know what made your year so hard either... Sometimes the day in and day out of a hard school year can make the whole year seem vexed... so maybe that's what you mean.

I love that you stop by when you go to work on your room, I don't know if I could ever move too far away, I love having sisters and family and friends drop in when they are close.

I hope this school year is kinder. Millpond called to see if Jacey is returning to Mill Pond because their 1st and 2nd grade class attendance is so small they need to confirm they'll have enough to fill the classrooms... So maybe you will have a sweet small class that is ready to get back to work. :) we love you!!