Sunday, May 3, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Some of you might have read this too. It was in our Community News/advertising magazine yesterday. It made me laugh as I read it, and it was a running gag between Danny and I the whole day. To paraphrase:
One sabbath day a little family was seated near the front of the chapel to hear their minister deliver his sermon. He quoted dramatically from the scriptures, "Without God we are but dust..." To allow the full effect of his words to sink in he allowed for a dramatic pause. In the silence a little voice was heard to inquire, "Mommy, what's butt dust?"

4 comments:

Melinda C said...

I read this too and laughed!

Zach said...

HA! HA! HA!

Jennis said...

i didn't see it in the paper but I still think it is funny how their brains interpret things.

Mike and Julina said...

I love that!