Sunday, April 10, 2011

It'll Be Fun.




Hey! Forget the fact that it has rained for 8 months straight! Forget that it's been gray for 9 months, forget that we have two weeks of summer, and we're probably out of town, forget that we don't know the first thing about sailing, forget ALL that, and let's buy A SAILBOAT!!!
"It'll be fun!" Those are the immortal words Danny has said to me at every important juncture of our marriage. When he proposed (if you want to call it that, he actually said, "When are you coming home?) he said, "It'll be fun!" (He was right). When he said, "Let's be a ma and pa on the trek". (He wasn't so right on that one, but that's another story, for sure.) When he said, "Let's move to Lacey". (Another good call.) and on and on. Well, it's only been 24 hours, and it hasn't stopped raining, nor has the tide been up long enough to bring the boat into the marina, but he is still grinning ear to ear, so I guess we're having fun. Here she is, presently the Mistique, but going to become,... something better.

5 comments:

Melinda C said...

That is usually my comment "Come on, it'll be fun!" to my Dan. The sailboat looks beautiful!

Zach said...

When I think about sailboats, I'm reminded of Bill Murray in What About Bob When he's tied to the mast with all the life preservers around him exclaiming,"Im sailing! I sail! I'm a sailor!" Or some-thing to that effect. Classic.

Candy Jane said...

Oh boy - I'm almost speechless with envy! Another adventure!
You two are so blessed to have each other - and that's a CLASSIC proposal!

Amanda Lee said...

"....and it was" !!!!

Jen Hakes said...

How exciting! Live it up and enjoy to the end!