Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Day with the Cutie-Patooties






We had Sarah and Allison for a few hours a couple of weeks ago, and got these cute pictures.
Sarah picked a daffodil on her way out the door, and said, "Grandma, take a picture of me." So I did. We kept walking down the road to the park and she says, "Take a picture of me by this pretty flower."
They were both so darn sweet. When I was playing with Allison in the tubes I said, "Allison, smile." and that pucker face is what I got. Priceless.
Sarah was swinging on the big kid swings and doing quite well. Grandpa asked her if she wanted a push, and she nodded yes. Gad-zooks. He gave her a swing that made her head snap. Up she went, higher and higher. I ran that direction, fearing the worst, and unfortunately I called it. The inertia from the upward swing was more than her little fingers could overcome. To the very top of the arc she went, and only the swing came back down. Sarah continued to fly... and then another physical law kicked in, this one's called gravity. Poor baby did a face-plant as she biffed the dirt. Thank goodness for 'soft and shock-absorbing playground chips'. She was flabbergasted, and just plain insulted. Who could blame her? Grandpa has only loved and protected her all her life, playing Legos with her, eating her pretend food, and drumming with Lincoln Logs on the trunk "drum set". This was NOT supposed to happen! She let me rock her on the swing while she got her wind back, and he got a full-on, furrowed brow, hairy-eyeball dirty look. It only took about three minutes and he was forgiven, but the next time he asked her if she wanted a push she said, "no thank-you".

3 comments:

rumblebug said...

Mom, I'm so glad you posted those photos! I love each one of them! They had such a good time with you guys and Sarah has never brought up the swing incident since! :) We are so blessed to have such loving grandparents to our babies - thank you!!

Melinda C said...

So, so cute!

Kindra said...

They are getting SO big!