Monday, April 13, 2009

Signs of Spring~For Real




For those that watch for signs of color as evidence Spring is here, I have a bit of proof that it's begun. Daffodils, which won't be denied, some daphne about to open in one of those (As Amanda would say)"Little bit of heaven right there" scents, and the first buds of red on our wall of rhodies. The double crowned whatever it is from the Boy Scouts ("guaranteed to bloom"; who do I talk to about that?), and sweet tulips, gifts from students that get stronger and better every year. The rhubarb is beginning to be an inch taller a day, the apple tree is getting fat leaves, and Zach, it looks like the lilac didn't mind getting to stretch out in it's new home behind the house. Alright everybody, lets go do the sun-dance and pray for those 60 degree days!

4 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

I am so thankful for the beauty of flowers!

Zach said...

Yes, the lilac probably wasn't getting quite enough light in the spot where it was. It hasn't bloomed at all yet, has it? Well, it will be worth the wait, I promise.

Melinda C said...

Oh Flowers!!! We were in Aberdeen yesterday and stopped at Satsop on our way home. There is a flower farm there and they sell flowers very cheap. I bought enough daffodils for a big bouquet - and they gave me a bunch for free! I love spring!

Jennis said...

Oh, Kathy Mattea came on while I was reading and it just made me smile and just about cry. She will forever remind me of you. 26$ can't wait for anything to bloom around here. maybe when I get home they will be something pretty to look at.