Sunday, March 22, 2009

Officially Spring?





The other morning when I woke up, I opened the blinds to see how much of the sky was going to be gray and saw---what?! Snow instead! I know it's been a week now, but I wanted to share my impressions of shock and dismay. They were not the serene,"Oh how pristine the world looks wrapped in a blanket of snow" or the scientific, "This will be excellent for the snowpack in the mountains. My first thoughts were not the ecologically minded, "This will be sure to kill the insects in the lawn" nor were they the optimistically cheerful, "This too will pass". No, I grabbed my camera, put my robe on, pulled on Danny's boots, and went out to capture the snow in MARCH. And as you take the photo tour of my back yard you can hear my saying, "No. I don't want snow, I want to see my hyacinths. I want to hang up clothes in the sunshine, I want to see buds on my raspberries." The fence is just because I had to admit the snow on those little peaks were a cool image. The 10 day forecast is that by the end of the month we are supposed to be in the mid 50's, with scattered sunshine. I'm ready!!

4 comments:

rumblebug said...

Oh I am so with you on the 'ready for spring' thing! I went out on Saturday and weeded half (darn that loss of energy thing!) of our front garden bed IN THE SUN! Then yesterday we had to have a blazing fire in the woodstove to keep warm!! It's hard to believe the 10-day forecast is for the end of March already...we're getting closer to sunshine I can feel it!

Jennis said...

I sure do like listening to the music on you blog, it's relaxing as I listen to Taylor scream bloody murder in the backround. Yes, so nice and relaxing. I too have been ready for spring for sometime now. Thus I have been tanning instead of whining, cause I am well aware of how NOT soon real sun will be here. Happily tanning to get the warmth I need to keep me from dreary depression. :) I say everything looks better tan. haha.

Jennis said...

just checking in on your blog to see what's up? love you see you sunday.

Jennis said...

Surely something has happened since it snowed? have you given up on us? I am wanting to see what's new.