Saturday, October 22, 2011

More Memories







Each temple built by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is a beautiful building. They reflect the regional flavor of the area, the grounds are always impeccable, and to me, the decor inside might be deemed "understated elegance."


There are sweet, all dressed-in-white volunteers to greet you, waiting to help you along every step of the way. You can feel the peace and good will as soon as you enter the front doors. I think the cleanliness of your surroundings, and being greeted with genuine smiles, helps contribute to the feeling that you have arrived 'home', and that while you are within those walls you are safe from the cares of the everyday world.
For the last two Saturdays we have had the blessing and joy of being at the temple with Amanda and Bryant. Last Saturday we were privileged to witness their beautiful little family be sealed to one another for time and all eternity. What radiant faces, and beautiful children! My heart was so full as I watched a miracle come to pass. I don't think Bryant will mind me calling him a miracle, as he has expressed the same; The atonement of Jesus Christ took place for people who make mistakes; guess that encompasses all of us, huh?
How amazingly hard to take in, "that he should care for me, enough to die for me. Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me."

6 comments:

Zach said...

What a beautiful amazing thing that has happened. What a triumph! I'm sure he's shaking his fist up at these guys from down below. Congratulations! Beautiful pictures Mom, I especially like the one of Bryant all dressed up with his eternal smile line next to that other guy. That is so awesome! He looks so...so...I don't know the word. But he looks "right". I'm so happy!

Melinda C said...

This post was so beautiful. How wonderful to have another family joined together forever!

grammaDawn said...

So wonderful! Brings me back to, almost 2 years ago now, when Justine, Christian and their 2 darling boys were in the same boat. Can't put into words how amazing it was to see them transform into the beautiful 'eternal' family they are now. I know the JOY you felt that day. Congrats to everyone!!!

Jennis said...

I'm glad I got to go to the endowment but I am looking at these and wishing I could have been there. :( THey look unbelievable... I am in awe of the magic that has taken place here. What an amazing moment in their lives. Love you Howell Family. So happy we get to be together forever. xooxooxooxoo there is a kiss for everyone.

Candy Jane said...

Oh Amanda!! It makes my heart sing to see one of "our girls" so beautifully happy! And what choice pictures Vicky - thank you for sharing a "priceless moment"!

joni said...

Everyone looks so happy. Wish we could have been there!